Tuesday 7 April 2015

Published survey questions


Here are the survey questions that were answered after looking at the prototype by respondents.
They have been edited a bit from my last post on surveys as I had to include question 10, about the preference for dark or light backgrounds.   The survey was arguably more about how well the information could be understood than the image-text relationships but I definitely got a good enough range of answers to give me the sort of information I am looking for!


I began with illustration - was there enough?  Did it help them understand?  Illustrations are at the centre of every page so it was important to address them first.  I got some great feedback in Question 2 on what some people thought of the content of the illustrations which I can link back to semiotic theory.  


I wanted to understand how respondents felt about the text and typeface in relation to the illustration.  Had I succeeded in choosing a typeface that was both legible and could be matched visually with the illustrations?  Finding out if the text helped clarify the image is also important to evaluate the relationship from a semiotic standpoint.


Questions 8 and 9 were important from a legibility point of view - people need to be able to read the text clearly.  If the text isn't legible to everyone, I'll need to make changes.  Question 10 I have discussed before - dark and light backgrounds seem to divide opinions so any definitive survey pointers will help me decide which one to go forward with.

No comments:

Post a Comment