Saturday 4 April 2015

Prototype build is ready for the survey!




The app build on Invision is finally ready to be viewed as part of my questionnaire for my dissertation.  I did as much as I could of a walk through in the video above, hopefully you will be able to see that despite the grainy quality of the video (thanks YouTube).  There isn't much point in putting a prototype link up on here, because the prototype will change very soon and the app might look different to how it does here.

At this point, users can browse through by tapping on the icons or using the breadcrumbs to take them to different sections of the app if they wish.  The numbers in each subsection can also be used to progress through each bit.  In some places there is also a forward button to do this.  I hope to get feedback from respondents about whether or nota forward button is useful, because the numbers in the top right hand corner are already understood in web navigation to be a way of moving forward (for example in online clothes stores) so the forward button might be redundant. 

One thing I'm not so sure about at the moment is the accordion menu.  Unfortunately, the nature of touch screen navigation does not afford a hover or rollover state, which means that the menu has to appear on another screen for now.  It is possible that I can make a whole body of separate screens with accordion menus on each, but for right now that is a lot of work and I need to focus on other things. 

In the app I included some pages with dark backgrounds, so that respondents can say which they prefer ,and if any underlying general preference can be identified (since an online search drew no conclusions).   This means that whatever approach I choose, it can be backed up by the survey results and hopefully my dilemma will be solved! 

In the next post I will write about the survey questions I went for in the end, since it changed a bit from the last post I wrote about them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment