Sunday 26 April 2015

Changing the UI slightly and new blue backgrounds

I decided to change the background colour of the screens which relate to exercises, classes and class information, after liking the change that I made to the "Find A Class" page.  Someone had commented in my survey that a different colour of background (in this instance it had been a dark background) helped them to identify where in the app they were.  As the exercises are a different kind of content to the general information, I had been thinking for a while if I should act on that.  

The pale blue is also particularly suited to the exercises as it is proven to trigger a calm, serene physiological reaction, which is what the exercises aim to do, after all!




I have also made slight changes to the navigation - to enhance the interactivity further and subsequently foster more of a flow experience within the app, I added a feature where users would tap once to select an icon, which would be highlighted.  Users now progress to the subsection by double tapping - I will have to add this to the page somewhere as an instruction.



The user interface has been shifted slightly upwards to make more space between the breadcrumbs and the modal window.  I hope to implement a function where the breadcrumbs disappear when the user is idle (i.e. not tapping the screen), but the deadline is very soon so I may have to add that as an extra little feature for the showcase (if I am allowed, which I have yet to ask about).


How the blue background looks with the "Body Scan" pages.  I think it lends itself better than the neutral here, and is fitting with the idea of "Headspace" as the backdrop suggests some clear floaty blue  sky.




With the raisin exercise.






No comments:

Post a Comment