Sunday 1 March 2015

Mid semester presentation notes

Today I had my progress presentation for my honours project, where I presented my work so far and explained to lecturers and classmates what I was working on.  You can go through my presentation here.

My feedback was pretty interesting and gave me a couple of things to think about, particularly what Brian suggested about looking at states of flow with regard to how people were to use the app.  Flow is a state of mind where the user gets so into what they are doing that they stop noticing other things such as how much time has passed or in more extreme cases if they are hungry or need to pee, etc etc.  Dave mentioned that he did not think an app on a device was particularly fitting with the idea of mindfulness - his words were "If I'm opening an app on mindfulness, the first thing it would probably say is 'Get the f*ck off your phone.'"!! It is a fair point as mindfulness and technology do seem a bit at odds on the surface, but I still feel that using an app to present the information is the right way to do things at the moment, especially since previous research has shown that apps are the current kind of "way in" for the mindfulness market in Western society.  I will speak to Simone more about it during our meeting on Tuesday and see what she has to say about it.

I have taken the weekend off as a friend came to visit but I plan to get some proper UI layouts into the images during the course of the next couple of days.  And note to self, post more images of actual work...

Link to my presentation:
http://prezi.com/lt1dpr_1wnwr/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

No comments:

Post a Comment