Tuesday 24 March 2015

Dangers of fracking scrollable

I came across this one while in a slump and looking at good examples of information design to inform me a bit.  This is a scrollable information graphic on the dangers of fracking, which is designed in a way that mimics the fracking process in a downward reading pattern.  The vector illustrations, light but muted colour scheme and serif typeface (looks like Georgia) are kind of similar to my own work.  The way important information is highlighted in colour is something I've not really done before.




The textures used here are really subtle, which makes me think I should re-visit putting some paper scans in mine.


Information is linked to the illustration through proximity.  There are no linking lines or arrows but the linear layout accommodates for the lack of this.  The bounding box for text, with the lower opacity white, provides a paler canvas for the darker text.  Everything illustration-wise is very geometrical so the boxes around text compliments this.



http://www.dangersoffracking.com




No comments:

Post a Comment