Sunday 15 February 2015

InvisionApp - how it works

I realise I haven't really talked about the prototyping app I plan to use at all.  It was recommended to me by my supervisor and is called InvisionApp.  You can watch an information video on it here.  It is popular with designers at high-profile companies such as SoundCloud and Ebay, so it must be good!  I have been told former students have had success implementing a prototype on a tablet so as far as I can tell this will be my tool of choice.

The app works by using page mockups created by the designer in Photoshop, uploaded onto the site and linked to each other vis invisible buttons, a little like Actionscript 3.0 buttons in Flash from what I can tell.  It would not work as a website online as there is no coding involved (I hope), however as a working prototype where pages link together it works!


(Below) Mock ups of website pages, as provided with the website login.  Each page is designed individually and named, so that within the software each page can be linked or parented to another by name. 


I hope to have visuals ready to be tested in Invision by the time presentation rolls around on the 26th - I don't know if I will have all of them ready so I might choose 6 or 7 and have them polished and working so that I can show it properly working. 




No comments:

Post a Comment