Thursday 15 January 2015

Art influences? Diftype by Niklas Lundberg


I found the work of Niklas Lundberg through Karan Singh, who I wrote about last week and who runs a site called Big Pimpin' where he curates the work of other artists and writes about art-related events and issues.  Lundberg's work is, to me, reflective of what is going on in the mind.  While it's a much darker approach than I would take to the subject of mental health and mindfulness, the illustrations are lovely and complex enough to make me think of the thought process of someone who thinks a lot or who has a lot going on in their head.  It's clear that in some pieces, Lundberg seems to be thinking of the same, especially in Figure 1.  I love the detail and mash up of digital and hand-drawn - this mix can often make illustrations look a little more personal so it is something to keep in mind.  I love drawing on paper, but I don't do it enough, so perhaps visual development for the honours project would be a chance to try mixing it with some Illustrator or Photoshop work.





All images by Niklas Lundberg, 2011.  You can find more of his lovely work at his website.

Images taken from http://www.pigbimpin.com/niklas-lundberg-diftype/

No comments:

Post a Comment